On August 7, 2014, the Palestine Awareness Coalition published a full-page ad in the Georgia Straight in response to the Israeli assault on Gaza, calling to “Let Gaza Live.”
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SUPPORT GAZA?
1. Contact your MP to demand an end to the siege of Gaza: Find your MP using your postal code!
2. Attend or organize demonstrations. These demonstrations are coming up in Vancouver, Friday August 8 and Saturday August 9. Please join in!
3. Boycott Israeli Goods. Some products you should boycott include SodaStream, Keter Plastics, Hewlett-Packard electronics, Sabra hummus, and Ahava cosmetics. Learn more about the global boycott.
4, Donate to medical aid. Two excellent organizations providing support are the Middle East Children’s Alliance and the UN Relief Works Association (UNRWA).
5. Donate locally to help pay for ads like these: by cheque or transfer to Vancity #656967, Branch 4, or online: https://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?charityID=s32200
6. Spread the word and raise awareness about Palestine! Share this page on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
The Palestine Awareness Coalition is comprised of a number of Vancouver-area organizations, including SFSC, collectively working to raise awareness.