Jack Chivo constructs a sham argument in defence of Israel that relies on a false – and dangerous — definition of antisemitism. To give it credibility, he calls it the European Union’s definition. Not so. It’s connection, at best, is quite tangential. What it is is a “working definition” adopted by a monitoring committee established by the EU, but it was never adopted by the EU. The EU’s monitoring committee (EUMC) doesn’t even exist anymore. It’s successor, the Agency for Fundamental Rights, has no plans for using the “working definition.” It has no future use except as it can be used for propaganda.
Seriously Free Speech
- Other Campaigns
Newer Honourary MembersCindy and Craig Corrie, Directors, Rachel Corrie Foundation for Peace and Justice ...
Naomi Klein, writer
Avi Lewis, film maker
Chandler Davis, American-Canadian mathematician, writer and educator...
Chris Ferguson, Global Mission Personnel, United Church of Canada*...
Joey Hartman, President, Vancouver and District Labour Council*...
Donald Grayston, former Director, Institute for the Humanities, Simon Fraser University*...
- SFSC Event Nov 8: “Occupation of the [North] American Mind” Film screening
- SFSC Event Oct 26: Roger Waters talks Palestine live on-stage at Vancouver forum
- SFSC Event April 5: Why is Canadian professor Hassan Diab still held in French jail? What can we do?
- straight.com: Free speech advocate and long-time Vancouver library employee Brian Campbell dies
- IJV: Remembering Brian Campbell
- SFSC – Brian Campbell lived to make the world a better place
- Corporate SLAPP vs Free Speech
- BCCLA: On the BDS movement and the narrowing of acceptable speech
- EI: Thought crimes in Trudeau’s Canada
- Globe & Mail: Canadian politicians love the Charter of Rights and Freedoms — except when it involves Israel
- rabble.ca: Liberals’ shameful BDS stand gives carte blanche to Israel
- ipolitics.ca: Boycott Israel – or don’t. Either way, it’s none of Ottawa’s business.
- Globe and Mail: Parliament votes to reject Israel boycott campaign
- SFSC Letter: To the Moderator of the United Church of Canada
- SFSC Letter: Greatest Threat to Free Speech in the West
- United Church Moderator expresses “strong concern” to Trudeau re BDS motion
- CBC: Liberals denounce and agree with Tory motion condemning Israel boycotters
- The intercept: Criminalizing Activism Against Israeli Occupation
- SFSC: Valentino’s Ghost and Wanted 18 – Vancouver Film Premieres Feb 13
- SFSC Event: Stolen Land – First Nations, Palestinians at the Frontline of Resistance
- Environmental Defence: Victory! Ontario citizens freed from the risk of being SLAPPed when speaking out to protect their communities
- SFSC Event Sept 24: Big Brother is Watching – A discussion of Bills C51 & C24
- SFSC Article: Bill C51 – Zero Tolerance for Criticism of Israel
- Vancouver Sun: Award-winning library director calls terrorism bill this generation’s ‘most repressive’ legislation
- SFSC Video: Singing the Praises of the ‘Anti-Terrorist’ Bill C-51